Weddings At Hilles House
With its extraordinary setting, bohemian history and relaxed and informal atmosphere, Hilles House offers a unique wedding venue with breathtaking views.
Hilles House is available for weddings from May to September and you are free to create a truly bespoke and memorable experience for yourself and your guests.
We have a licence to host civil ceremonies for up to 100 guests in the Great Hall within the main house.
Costs for Weddings at Hilles House
Hilles house Big Hall is licensed for civil ceremonies for up to 100 guests. For ceremonies in the Big Hall or for Humanist ceremonies outside, the charge is £750.
Wedding prices start from £8500, which includes:
- Use of the Primavera bedroom for the bride & bridesmaids to change
- Full use of the gardens and grounds
- Temporary outdoor Structure
- Space in the grounds for overnight Glamping
- Luxury Porta toilets
Your Marriage Ceremony
Plan for the day
Plan for the day: Civil Ceremony
- The Primavera room is available for the bride to get ready with her friends and family while guests arrive and are seated in the Big Hall.
- The registrars will interview the groom in The Long Room, then interview the bride outside the Primavera room.
- The registrars will then make their way downstairs and when everyone is ready the ceremony will start.
- Once the ceremony has concluded, guests can wait outside where confetti can be thrown and drinks served. In wet weather, we can host receptions in The Big Hall with its welcoming fires.
- You are welcome to arrange your own entertainment from lawn games to musicians, pop-up bars or photo booths.
- After the drinks reception, you can make your way to your wedding breakfast and reception.
- Hilles House will then be closed along with the Primavera room (which you can access the next day) and you can enjoy your party in the garden orchard.
Plan for the day: Church Wedding
- The bride and groom will arrive at Hilles shortly after the church service where guests will be waiting either in The Big Hall or outside on the terraces for drinks and canapés, weather dependant.
- You are welcome to arrange your own entertainment from lawn games to musicians, pop-up bars, or photo booths.
- Once you have finished your drinks reception and have made your way to your wedding breakfast and reception, Hilles House will be closed and you can enjoy your party in the garden orchard.
Everything else you might need
The following items are not included in the overall cost, but The Hilles House wedding team have put together a list of useful contacts and great local suppliers below:
- Tables & chairs
- Caterers and all catering hardware
- Soft & alcoholic beverages
- The Registrar
- Musicians / DJ Entertainment
- PA system
- Generator if your requirements are over 80 AMPs
Please feel free to contact Emma directly if you need help planning your wedding or require an extra set of hands for the day so you can relax knowing everything is taken care of.
Tables, Chairs, Loos & Showers etc.
For tables, chairs, fancy loos and even showers.
If you enjoy a festival vibe, The Cotswold Hay Bale Company can provide hay bales for extra seating, as well as recycled wooden cable reels and oak wine barrels for additional drinks tables.
Over the last few years we’ve worked with many local caterers and have decided to recommend the following, for their excellent food, quality and service:
For Evening food we can recommend the following:
We will only work with Chase Lane Fireworks – please discuss your requirements directly with them.
We are delighted to recommend Victoria Abbosh, a professional makeup artist based in The Cotswolds, specialising in bridal and beauty makeup.
Hayes Farm is only 15 minutes drive from Hilles House and offers accommodation for up to 10 guests in a stunning 17th century 5 bed grade II listed farmhouse, plus 5 more in a beautiful bungalow in the grounds.
Signature Blue have some wonderful Shepard huts which you can hire with them directly, these also include the “carabella” with its own double bed, shower and toilet.
What people are saying about Hilles House Weddings...
Where will our guests park?
- Guests & minibuses – enter through the south drive, turn right, drop off at the carpark then walk down to the House.
- Loading/deliveries for the Structure – enter through the south drive and take the first left down the track to the back of the structure
- Loading/deliveries for the House -enter through the south drive, follow the drive down, we have an arch with a height restriction of 6ft 6″. If larger access is needed then turn right as you enter the south drive through the car park and down towards the house.
Do you provide tables and chairs?
If you’re planning to have your wedding ceremony in the Big Hall, we can provide the chairs. Once your ceremony is over and you have finished your drinks reception in the grounds,
What about catering facilities?
Catering tents can be hired from Bisley Marquee Hire or Cheltenham Yurt Hire. Our recommended caterers are already familiar with our set up. Hilles house is spring water-fed, therefore we require you to bring your own drinking water.
Can our guests bring confetti?
We like to do our best for the environment, so just natural flower petals or dissolvable confetti please.
Can I bring candles?
Unfortunately we can’t allow real candles in the house or around it, but there are some really good faux candles and lanterns around.
Can we have showers for camping?
Of course! Our trusted supplier is:
Where are the loos?
We have a wooden loo block outside Hilles House for guests to use while the house is open; once you have made your way to the structure in the orchard you can use the luxury porta toilets.
Where can we smoke?
We have a no smoking policy inside, but there is a smoking area outside the house. We will provide sand buckets for cigarette butts.
What about Rubbish?
All rubbish must be cleared from site; you can either do this yourselves or for £350 we can arrange this for you.